Home » School Books » Secondary School Books » Sixth Year » History » European Retreat From Empire & The Aftermath 1945-1990 - Later Modern History of Europe - Topic 5
Home » Study Hub » Dictionaries » Secondary School » History » European Retreat From Empire & The Aftermath 1945-1990 - Later Modern History of Europe - Topic 5
European Retreat From Empire & The Aftermath 1945-1990 - Later Modern History of Europe - Topic 5
This text covers European Retreat from Empire and the Aftermath, 1945–1990. The New Compulsory Later Modern History of Europe and the Wider World – Topic 5 for the Documents-Based Question, to be examined in 2012 and 2013.
• An exam-focused text, suitable for Ordinary and Higher Level students with user-friendly language used throughout.
• Full-colour layout, supported by maps, illustrations and photographs.
• Provides in-depth coverage of the elements relevant to the case studies under the three perspectives
Politics and administration
Society and economy
Culture and religion
• Deals in detail with the three Case Studies:
British withdrawal from India, 1945-1947
The secession of Katanga, 1960-1965
Race relations in France in the 1980s
• Key concepts are highlighted and clearly explained.
• Key personalities are discussed in the context of the events in which they made their contributions.
• Includes a large section of exam-type questions to test students, help to advance their learning and skills, and aid revision
Basic recall questions
Leaving Cert document-based sample questions for Ordinary and Higher Level students.
• Provides a list of useful websites.
• A support website with further links, sample essay plans and podcasts from the authors is available to download.